We are pleased to announce that we have raised over £2,000 for Children in Need and at this expensive time of the year, we are reluctant to ask for any further donations for the Philippines Disaster Fund. However it has been agreed that School Fund will donate what is forecast to be raised from the non-uniform day on 6 February to this cause. If anyone would like to donate any more money to this then the school will receive it and pass it on to the Dec Philippines Typhoon Appeal.
Over the past year you will have read about some of the many events and activities at the school. Hopefully, you will have been impressed by the commitment our students have shown both academically and in a wider social context. We have a lot to be proud of here and would like to share our plan for an even better future for our students and all who are involved with William Brookes School.
To be the top performing non-selective school and sixth form in Shropshire; a caring, safe and happy school with strong Olympian values; a great place to learn and a great place to teach.
To be an outstanding school trusted by parents, valued by the community and loved by our students.
To provide the learning environment, teaching and support that inspires our staff and students, in all they do, to be the best that they can be.
We aim to:
- know and support each of our students;
- involve all students in a wide range of experiences and opportunities, developing them to be good citizens;
- form strong partnerships with our students and parents;
- develop outstanding leadership across the school;
- teach with Passion, Professionalism and Pride;
- deliver outstanding teaching across the curriculum;
- collaborate with professionals and experts from the local and wider community to enrich the curriculum experience;
- build professional capacity through sharing best practise;
- model the Olympian values in our everyday work;
- continually challenge to improve and progress;
- maximise the potential of this fabulous 21st Century learning environment;
- provide a sound financial footing that secures a brighter future.
Geoff Renwick, Head.